The Mission of the Department of Management and Budget is to provide financial services, information and asset protection to elected policymakers, county departments, program administrators and the public, so they can have the information they need to make decisions and achieve their desired results.
In carrying out its mission, the Department has identified the following goals:
Goals to Improve Fiscal Responsibility
- Establish and maintain adequate financial reserves in all County funds
- Implement performance-based budgeting for major County operations, programs and activities
- Implement innovative and cost-effective financing strategies to support economic development initiatives
Goals to Improve Customer Service
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to support County departments, agencies and programs in accomplishing their objectives
- Establish reasonable standards and best-business practices for the procurement of goods and services and vendor payment processing activities
Goals to Improve DMB Employee Core Competencies
- Implement comprehensive training and educational programs for all levels of DMB staff
- Establish competitive compensation levels for all professional classifications including accountants and auditors
- Encourage active participation of management staff in professional organizations.